- Manages buying responsibility (based on vendors or classifications) and accountability for sales and margin performance.
- Proactively networks with vendors regarding available merchandise and will negotiate directly on purchases. This includes off-site visits to trasdeshows, selecting product and handling negotiations, either independently or in conjunction with their supervisor.
- Communicate product knowledge to staff members to convey to customers.
- Produce reports in order to analyze sales trends, project merchandise requirements for assigned departments, and plan purchases and delivery schedules to maintain timely and constant flow of merchandise.
- Work closely with buyers and floor managers to balance store inventories and build appropriate store assortment models to maximize individual store performance
- Track shipments, deliveries, and transfers
- Enter purchase orders (Experience with CounterPoint preferred)
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of retail math and retail systems
- Demonstrated understanding of the outdoor retail market
- High level of time management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience involving sales and inventory planning, sales forecasting
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $13.00 /hour
Think you could be a great fit for our team? Please send your resume to email@example.com